Sermon Text: Psalm 139
Let’s answer the important questions like:
Who am I?
What is my worth?
What am I doing in this world?
In the Bible we will discover WHO WE REALLY ARE!
A. David Realizes the Lord’s unlimited power
1) The Lord is omniscient! (vv. 1-6).
2) The Lord is omnipresent! (vv. 7-12).
B. David rejoices over the Lord unfathomable wisdom
1) We are fearfully and wonderfully made by God (vv. 13-16a).
2) We are fully and lovingly known by the Lord (vv. 16b-18).
C. David responds to the Lord’s Unequalled power and Wisdom
1) David shuns away from sin and evil (vv. 19-21).
2) David submits himself to God’s holy scrutiny and direction (vv. 22-24).
The Lord knows you and me—inside and out. In fact, He knows us more than we know ourselves. Whatever is our situation today—in grief or in joy, in prosperity or in adversity, hurting or rejoicing, the Lord knows it fully and perfectly well. Therefore, if you are in the midst of a crisis or problem or just simply hurting today, there are two choices that you can make—HIDE YOUR HURT AND PAIN or HAND OVER ALL OF THEM to the Lord who promised to keep our heart in perfect peace. God Bless!
This message was delivered by Dr. Val Natcher at Emmanuel Church Ministries International last August 29, 2010