Theme: Adventures in Prayer
Title: “Mountain-moving Prayer…”
Text: Mark 11:22-24
WELCOME: Select one only…
- If you were a tree, what would help you produce more fruit: Pruning? Watering? Transplanting? Fertilizing? Grafting, etc.? Why?
- Comment on this. “Keep on asking until the asking becomes praising and thanksgiving?
- Share with the group an amazing answer to your prayer in 2016? How much faith did it take?
WORD: Select only questions that are appropriate to your group. Be creative. You can create your
own relevant questions.
- Study Questions. Read Mark 11:22-24
- Why was Peter amazed? vv.20-21
- What conditions for effective (mountain-moving) prayer are supported here?
- What does God reveal about His timing and how this should impact on our thinking about prayer in the following passages: Ecc. 3:11; Isa. 55:8; Rom. 8:28
- Discovery Questions:
- Discuss the different ways God might choose to answer prayers and why this will not always be the answers we expect or want. (Yes, no, not yet)
- Read Eph. 3:20-21. How much more God wants in your life than what you have thought?
- How might do you think you can develop your faith? How about your prayer life?
- Putting into practice:
- Memorize: Mark 11:24
- What is God’s message to you in this study?
- Set some prayer goals as a group. What are you going to do about it? When are you going to do about it?
- What results do you expect?
God honors our faith. God honors our believing prayers!
- Pray for your prayer goals.
- Make a list of prospects and pray for them.
- Pray for one another.